‘Marma’ is a Sanskrit term for sensitive or vulnerable points on the body.
The science of Marma or Marmani was developed in Vedic times, 1500 BC.
In ancient India, martial arts schools emphasized the use of Marma energy points for:
· therapeutic purposes
· to recover from bodily injuries
· to inflict serious injuries in battle
Marma's are vital energy points on the surface of the body at the seventh level of the skin.
The nerve endings within the Marma work as receptors sending messages from the skin reaching into deep connective tissues and vital organs.
· Marma's are related to the Chakra system of Yoga
There are 107 prime classical Marma's according to the Sushruta Samhita, one of the oldest Ayurvedic texts and taught by the Ayurvedic Institute in NM.
· Some Indian texts explain there are 108 or 117 Marma points
It is interesting to note that in India, Ayurvedic doctors doing surgery
· do not make an incision in the area of a Marma
· avoids causing additional harm to the body
Marma points are an important element of Ayurveda’s healing power.
· These energy points profoundly affect the body, mind and spirit as well as facilitate the deepest levels of healing
· Marma is a transformative tool for treating disease and improving energy
Marma goes beyond modern medicine as it is mind-body medicine.
· Marma's are closely connected with prana, our vital energy
· Marma locations serve as ‘pranic control points’ on the body
· This is where the energy of prana directs healing life force vitality
Ayurveda treats Marma's with massage, oils, aromas, tuning fork, and acupressure.
· Stimulating Marma points directly taps into the individual's reservoir of energy
· Touching Marma points invigorates the body’s biochemistry producing what the body needs, including neurochemicals and hormones that heal the body, mind and consciousness.
Marma therapy is particularly effective for:
· treating symptoms of nerve pain or paralysis
· nervous system disorders like post-traumatic stress
According to Ayurveda, unprocessed, unresolved, undigested emotions reside and accumulate in the empty spaces in the body, particularly in the spine and the joints.
· When we do not properly observe, process and acknowledge emotions by living in a way that honors our “moment to moment” awareness in what we are doing or sensing, then the mind-body connection is lost.
· In this loss we store the experience in our physiology.
Experience a Marma treatment with Monique.
90 Minute Marma treatment. Click to Order
Three treatment Marma package Click to Order
Payment is required at the first treatment to obtain package pricing.
To book your appointment, email Monique at Moniques Email Address or call 847-456-6644.